Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Inspired to Lead! 1, 2, 3 Blog!

Why Start a Blog?
To get the to point, why did I decide to create a blog? The easy answer is after studying leadership and hearing from many great leaders blogging can be imperative to your growth, time and time again I heard "start a blog and stick with it!" At first I struggled to find a correlation in developing as a leader and becoming a blogger, but again I couldn’t ignore the idea especially after such great leaders like Seth Godin emphasized the benefits starting and sticking to a blog may hold.
What I think I’ll personally get out of blogging.
            I have been heavily seeking knowledge and wisdom for the last 5 years in the subject of leadership. To me leadership does not simply cover how you act at work or running a business, but it encompasses every aspect of your life both personal and professionally. To me it is just as important to be a strong leader at home in your personal life as it is in a business, because when one spoke on your wheel as Zig Ziglar would say is neglected you will soon find yourself with a flat tire on the side of the road.
            I think during my leadership study a blog will give me the opportunity to reflect and jot down some of the information I have acquired that day, I will be attempting to create 5 blogs a week each one around 500 words (advice from Michael Hyatt from the book Platform) and it will cover whatever leadership study I have completed that day. This will actually help me maintain the chain, a goal I have set for myself to gain valuable knowledge everyday so that everyday I am at least a bit better than the day before, this is the ultimate goal.
But I feel under qualified to write a blog!
            This is a concern I had to fight through before I began blogging, I know I am no smarter than anyone else which caused me to question why anyone would want to read this blog, but after deciding to do it anyway I can only hope I will get better along the way and create something someone else finds interesting and helpful. Again after hearing it over and over again from other leaders saying if you are passionate about something start a blog about it to both help you gain knowledge on the subject and hopefully connect with like-minded people which is the ultimate goal. I am very sick of being the most excited and passionate person in the room sometimes, it totally confuses me sometimes why others don’t feel the same way. For a while I would become discouraged by this but then read something that changed my way of thinking, I believe it came from Napoleon Hill, while he talked about his master mind meetings which are imperative. He said if you cant find people around you pick up books and get to know leaders through their literature. This was huge for me and I think it was when I really began to ramp up my reading and spending a lot of time and money on books.

Well to stick to Michael’s advice I’ll end here to keep the post around 500 words, I’ll also leave with a question, which was also good advice from Michael.

Question:
Do you think blogging can help you grow in your field of study? What are the benefits in your eyes?

“See You At The Top”
Tom McConnell

TomMcConnell@mentalgiantsnutrition.com

No comments:

Post a Comment